Madonna’s Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program invites children and adults of all abilities to participate in sports and recreation to their highest level of independence possible. Nearly 500 children and adults each year benefit from this program. The program specifically serves:
• People with physical and acquired disabilities in the general public
• Madonna inpatient, outpatient, and Rehabilitation Day Program patients
• Highly competitive wheelchair athletes
• Athletes and nontraditional athletes at all skill levels
• Children with acquired disabilities
A variety of adaptive sports and recreation activities, workshops, open houses, and tournaments are offered to children and adults including golf, wheelchair basketball and tennis, quad rugby, swimming, fishing, sled hockey, power soccer, social dancing and bowling. Also, Madonna Rehabilitation will be building a new facility in Omaha! So, let’s welcome them to our community.
This fun run/walk is a collaborative effort between PACE and Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital. People Aspiring to Cycle and Exercise is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. PACE’s mission is to “inspire and encourage people of all abilities to become more active. PACE offers a noncompetitive atmosphere geared toward introducing people to cycling and other recreational activities. PACE’s goals are to promote a healthy lifestyle in low-key settings by:
• Offering educational events
• Scheduling recreational activities to accommodate all ability levels
• Providing insight and funding opportunities for specialized sports equipment
• Providing information and support for people who are interested in exploring cycling, running, and walking in group settings.