SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
An 8-week Power Soccer Series will be held on Thursday nights from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The program will run from September 5th through October 31st. This adaptive program is available to individuals from all different skill levels, from beginner to competitive. Practices will include drill time & scrimmages.
• During the first 30 minutes of practice, half of the gym will be reserved for beginners or for individuals who are interested in participating just for fun.
• The more advanced participants and those wanting to compete will run mobility & ball skill drills on the other half of the court during that time.
• Practices will be held at Madonna ProActive’s gym - 7111 Stephanie Lane, Lincoln, NE.
• Allows individuals with a variety of medical conditions to use power wheelchairs to participate in a fun, recreational game of soccer
• Uses the same rules as traditional soccer
• A maximum of four players per team on the court at a time
• Players have guards temporarily attached to their wheelchairs and use a larger ball
• Any age & any disability
• Four-wheel power wheelchair — will supply wheelchairs if needed
• Power wheelchairs with center posts or swing-away leg rests are welcome. If you have center post leg rests or do not normally use a power wheelchair, please contact Total Respiratory & Rehab at 466-8384
• Participants must be able to independently maneuver a power wheelchair at varying rates of speed
• Participants must be able to follow one - two step directions independently.
• For safety reasons, no cords or bags of any kind can hang from the wheelchair.
Fee & Registration Deadline
• Deadline to register is Thursday, September 5th. $75 for the 8-week series (financial assistance is available)
• Register early! A limited number of spots available. Payments accepted online or via US Postal Service
• Make checks payable and send to:
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Attn: Lori Lane, Madonna ProActive
7111 Stephanie Lane
Lincoln, NE 68576