SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
An 8-week Power Soccer Series will be held on Wednesday nights from 6:15-8:15 p.m. The program will run from Sept. 12 through October 31. This adaptive program is available to individuals from all different skill levels, from beginner to competitive.
• Practices will include drill time & scrimmages.
• During the first 30 minutes of practice, half of the gym will be reserved for beginners or for individuals who are interested in participating just for fun.
• The more advanced participants and those wanting to compete will run mobility and ball skill drills on the other half of the court during that time.
• This season the competitive players will be divided into a Varsity & Junior Varsity. Teams to be determined by skill level, team need & team play.
• Tournaments: To be determined
• Practices & hosted tournament will be held at Madonna ProActive's gym - 7111 Stephanie Lane, Lincoln, NE.
• Allows individuals with a variety of medical conditions to use power wheelchairs to participate in a fun, recreational game of soccer
• Uses the same rules as traditional soccer
• A maximum of four players per team on the court at a time
• Players have guards temporarily attached to their wheelchairs and use a larger ball
• Any age and any disability
• Four-wheel power wheelchair — will supply wheelchairs if needed
• Power wheelchairs with center posts or swing-away leg rests are welcome. If you have center post leg rests or do not normally use a power wheelchair, please contact Total Respiratory & Rehab at 402-466-8384
• Participants must be able to independently maneuver a power wheelchair at varying rates of speed
• Participants must be able to follow one-two step directions independently.
• For safety reasons, no cords or bags of any kind can hang from the wheelchair
• To be determined
Fee and Registration Deadline Information:
• Deadline to register is Monday, Sept. 7
• $75 registration fee - financial assistance is available.
• Register early! A limited number of spots available. Payments accepted via US Postal Service
• Make checks payable and send to:
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Attn: Lori Lane, Madonna TherapyPlus ProActive
7111 Stephanie Lane
Lincoln, NE 68516