We are focused on maintaining a positive, working relationship with all members of the media. The relationship serves several purposes:
- Builds trust and rapport with members of the media and the communities we serve.
- Reinforces our mission of getting patients back to their life roles.
- Educates the general public on who Madonna is and the patients we work with.
If you’re a member of the news media, please review and adhere to the following guidelines concerning requesting possible video/print interviews or photographs with patients, families or Madonna employees.
- All media must contact and work with a Madonna Marketing & PR representative to arrange all interviews, photo/video shoots related to patients, families or staff taking place on Madonna’s property. This includes both campuses, the four outpatient TherapyPlus clinics and Madonna ProActive.
- In order to confirm whether a patient is in our care, a member of the media must contact a PR Representative listed above with the patient’s first and last name.
- Madonna will not disclose patient protected health information (PHI) to the media without first obtaining the patient’s written authorization.
- A Madonna Marketing & PR representative must accompany all media while on Madonna’s property.
- Madonna’s primary responsibility is to preserve each patient’s dignity and right to privacy. We are in full compliance of state and federal privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and its regulations (the Privacy Rule).
- Unless otherwise required by law, Madonna is under no obligation to disseminate news and information about patients. Furthermore, Madonna reserves the right to deny media access if the patient’s care team has determined the media’s presence will cause undue stress or negatively impact the patient’s health in any way.