Richard W. and Jacqueline B. Chapin Gait and Motion Lab
This 1,644-square-foot lab contains state-of-the-art technology for evaluating movement function.
- Twelve Oqus digital infrared cameras
- Four force platforms
- Sixteen-channel electromyography system
- Computerized pressure-mapping system for the feet
- Metabolic cart for assessing movement efficiency
- Biodex system for quantifying strength
- Sixteen-foot electronic walkway for recording stride characteristics during walking
- 100-foot runway with overhead safety support track to study walking, running, wheelchair propulsion and exercise on adaptive equipment
- High-speed computer network for rapid processing and interpretation of data
- 310 square feet of shared office space
- 140 square feet of dedicated storage
The Chapin Gait and Motion Lab serves people with medical conditions due to strokes, spinal cord injuries, amputations, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and post polio.