Madonna Adaptive Sports and Recreation offers a marksmanship and archery program in partnership with Nebraska Game and Parks. Whether you want to become a shooting competitor or just learn the basics, this program is for you.
In the marksmanship program, participants will utilize .22 caliber rifles and will have the support of a range safety officer so participants can develop shooting skills to any degree. Sandbag gun mounts and a metal gun mount are available for those that need it.
For those that are interested in archery, participants can use compound bows that range from 6 to 20 pounds of required draw strength or mini recurves that range from 10 to 35 pounds of required draw strength.
Sessions will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the first and third Thursday of the month at the Nebraska Game and Parks Outdoor Education Center, 4703 N 44th St., in Lincoln.
Marksmanship will be held on the first Thursday and archery will be held on the third Thursday. Fee is $5.50 for gun rental and a supply of 25 bullets (.22 caliber). See eligibility requirements to participate. The cost to utilize the archery range is also $5.50.
Assistance will not be provided. If the participant needs assistance it will need to be provided by family member or caretaker.
To make a reservation, please contact Adaptive Sports Coordinator & Recreation Therapist at
Eligibility criteria to participate in marksmanship:
- Mild impulsiveness
- Able to follow three step commands
- Mild impaired dexterity
- Able to lift at least 3 pounds
- Able to communicate safety tips and steps by some communication modality
- No vision deficits
- Mild receptive aphasia
- Moderate to severe impulsiveness
- Unable to follow three step commands
- Moderate to severe impaired dexterity
- Unable to lift 3-pound object to shoulder height
- Safety concern
- History of suicidal ideation
- Active depression
- Anger issues
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Paranoid thoughts
- Moderate to severe receptive aphasia