This is a wonderful opportunity to transform the lives of adults and children seeking rehabilitative care, as well as provide quality academic experiences for our residents, medical students and other health professionals. We’re proud to partner with such an exceptional organization.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center and its clinical partner, Nebraska Medicine, have entered into an agreement with Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals to provide physician and academic services at Madonna’s new Omaha Campus.
The new location will become the primary training site for a new UNMC supported residency program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), the first such program in Nebraska. Rehabilitation physicians are nerve, muscle and bone experts who treat injuries or illnesses that affect how you move.
Madonna is honored to begin this new academic and clinical relationship with UNMC and Nebraska Medicine. This partnership will bring together the expertise of two outstanding health care organizations. It will combine clinical medical expertise and academic training to benefit our patients. In addition, it will allow researchers from both institutions to collaborate and develop new research advancing the field of rehabilitation medicine. We are thrilled to move forward with this collaboration for Madonna’s Omaha Campus.
- UNMC/Nebraska Medicine will provide physician services at Madonna’s Omaha Campus.
- UNMC will develop a department of physical medicine and rehabilitation within its College of Medicine.
- Madonna will serve as the primary teaching site for UNMC’s new residency program in PM&R, the first such program in the Midwest. PM&R specialists are physicians who have completed medical school plus four years of residency training.
- Madonna’s Omaha Campus will become an accredited rehabilitative center of excellence through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- Both parties will support rehabilitation medicine through clinical, teaching and research program development.
- A research collaborative to develop new technologies that improve rehabilitation outcomes will be established between UNMC and Madonna’s Institute for Rehabilitation Science and Engineering.
- Educational opportunities will exist for students in such UNMC programs as physical therapy and other allied health disciplines, dental, medicine, nursing, pharmacy and others to meet expanding workforce demands.
- Click here to learn more about UNMC's Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.