LINCOLN, Neb. (MADONNA)—There is a special group of volunteers in the Alexis Verzal Children’s Rehabilitation Unit known as the Baby Rockers.
This team of five women rock and cuddle babies whose loved ones can’t be with them as they are recovering from serious illness or injuries in the Lincoln Campus pediatric unit.
The Baby Rockers and their special duties have received regional and national attention. The partial list of media coverage is below:
- Lincoln Journal Star: Cindy Lange-Kubick: The Baby Rockers of Madonna, back and forth and back and forth
- CNN: These hospital 'baby rockers' take care of infants who have no one
- Inside Edition: Volunteers rock and sing to babies who need love at Children's Hospital
- MSN: Why these retired women spend time cuddling with babies
- ABC News: Volunteer baby rockers sooth hospitalized infants
- Good Morning America: Volunteer baby rockers soothe hospitalized infants
Madonna's Pediatric Specialty Program offers family-centered rehabilitation to meet the needs of children and adolescents with all types of diagnoses. Click here to learn more.